Under Vyšehrad


Early fall, the sky is gray, but the weather is warm, and in the afternoon the side streets are still and quiet. I find myself under Vyšehrad, Prague’s second castle, which lords high on a rock overlooking the place near where the brook Botič joins the river Vltava.

I walk down to the embankment, and I am mostly alone, save for the hungry swans who come eagerly swimming toward me at my approach to the waterfront, apparently expecting me to feed them. But I have nothing to give. I have only my camera.


vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad vysehrad

(tajemství = mystery)

2 comentarios:

Gabor dijo...

I like these soft, mild greyscale tones. They fit well to the sky and to the subject, too.

Lloyd Dunn dijo...

Thank you, Gábor. I have recently found a renewed love for square-format photography and black-and-white. In the 80s and 90s, I did only black-and-white photography. Right now, I find it interesting to explore it again in the context of my experiences since then.